Each year SWEA Denver are happy to offer a Swedish Christmas Market. Highlights include Lucia procession, the SWEA Choir, visits from Jultomten/Santa, and the SWEA Café. In the past, over 500 visitors have enjoy shopping for home baked Swedish delicacies such as lussebullar, cookies and breads, Swedish crafts, holiday decorations, candy, custom decorated gingerbread hearts, flower arrangements, glass and much more.
We are excited to once again open up our doors for an in-person Christmas Market after a cancelling it for the first time in 2020.
Date and Time: Saturday December 4th, 10.30 to 3pm
Where: Calvary Baptist Church, 6500 E Girard Ave, Denver 80224
** Masks are required **
Due to the pandemic, we are also offering an online sale of various items. BUY ONLINE and PICKUP on Sunday December 5th by appointment. We do not ship.
Schedule including Lucia procession
- 10.30am: Christmas market opens.
- 12.00pm: Welcome and information for everyone participating in the Lucia procession/Luciatåget.
- 12.30pm: Santa Claus/Tomten visits and hands out pepparkakor.
- 12.45pm: Dance around the Christmas tree while the SWEA choir is singing.
- 1.40pm: Lucia participants meet to prepare. All children who would like to participate in the Lucia procession are welcome. Please bring your own clothing. Electric candles only.
- 1.50pm: The SWEA choir sings Christmas carols by the piano.
- 2.00pm: Lucia procession performance.
The Christmas market is SWEA Denver’s largest fundraiser of the year and the money raised goes towards scholarships and donations to support the promotion of Swedish traditions, language and culture. We thank you for your continued support of SWEA Denver.
God Jul! Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!